7 Cool Things to do with your iPad 3
1. Air Display
Ever wish you had an extra display for your Mac or Windows computer? There's an app for that! Air Display turns your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch into a wireless display, to extend or mirror your computer screen.
Air Display not only gives you a wireless computer screen extender, but also works as a tablet input device. You can use your finger to draw directly on the screen's surface. Try it with a calculator, painting tool,
or music control surface! Simple gestures allow you to operate the right mouse button and scroll wheel.
Air Display's performance is extremely responsive, employing a unique dynamic compression algorithm. On a typical Wi-Fi network, mouse cursor refreshes are indistinguishable from a wired mouse.
On Mac OS X (and soon for Windows), if you have a Retina display, you can choose to operate at normal or double resolution. On Lion, you can even enable “HiDPI mode.” HiDPI, a built-in Mac OS X feature that renders UI elements at double resolution, is absolutely stunning on a Retina display.
Air Display works in both landscape and portrait configurations. Just rotate your screen, and it automatically reconfigures. When you rotate the screen, or disconnect and reconnect, your windows are automatically repositioned appropriately so you don't have to drag them back onto the Air Display screen.
You can connect to Air Display from both Mac and Windows. And because it's a universal app, it works on an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
Air Display provides a virtual keyboard and mouse input on the iOS device. Air Display supports video-out to your TV or Monitor, either via Apple's AirPlay or with an appropriate adapter cable.
Some great uses for Air Display:
• General: Fill your Air Display screen with utility windows like Twitter, Facebook, email, or calendar.
• Graphic design: Make Photoshop and Illustrator usable on your laptop by putting your tool palettes on the iOS screen.
• Music: Use your iOS screen as a wireless control surface for Logic or Pro Tools.
• Programming: Use the extra display area for such auxiliary development tools as Console, Terminal, and the Debugger.
• Business: Move all of your iWork and Office palettes and inspector windows onto Air Display, and let your document fill the screen.
• Share: Use your iOS device's video adapter to share your screen on TVs, monitors and projectors in your boardroom or classroom.
• Amaze your friends by playing Flash animations on an iOS device!
On first launch, Air Display presents easy instructions for downloading and installing the companion Air Display Connect software for your desktop computer.
MAC OS X
To connect to a Mac, Air Display requires 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or later, on an Intel CPU. Both 32-Bit & 64-Bit systems are supported. (NOTE: On Lion, third-party video drivers, including Air Display’s, have some issues on these specific 15" and 17" MacBook Pro models: Late 2008 through Mid 2009, and Mid 2010. Please see avatron.com/lion for details and effective workarounds.)
To connect to a Windows PC, Air Display requires Windows XP (32-bit only), or Vista or 7 (32-bit or 64-bit). Windows 7 Starter edition is not supported. (NOTE: Aero and DirectX will be disabled while connected to Air Display and re-enabled upon disconnection.)
Your computer and iOS device must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Pimp Your Screen
Listed by Apple among the best-selling apps in App Store Rewind 2011.
Pimp Your Screen is here to customize the look of your device by giving you an exclusive selection of specially designed backgrounds, icon skins, app shelves, neon combos and many other eye candies.
You no longer have to set the image you prefer first and then go back to the Home screen and see how it looks with the icons on it. Pimp Your Screen has an instant preview feature that allows you to quickly preview your new background or app shelf.
* Content designed for your iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
* Neon Combos/Icon Skins/App Shelves
* A million different combinations, variety is the spice of life
* Categorized view
* Recent and Popular tabs
* Landscape and Portrait images available for iPad
* Share your screens on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr or email
* Lock Screen Maker
* Home Screen Maker
* Universal application, install once, use it across all devices
Bring some color and glow into your everyday life and change the look of your device every single day. It's time to Pimp Your Screen!
turntable lets you play music together with your friends and other people online. Each DJ takes a turn playing a song and the entire virtual room hears the song. You can vote on whether the song is awesome or lame and if it receives too many lame votes, it gets skipped.
turntable is also truly social. You can chat with people in your room or fan your favorite DJs so that you can find them later. Help people discover new great music or just sit around and listen to the best curated music experience online.
Here are some reviews of turntable
"The hottest new club isn’t in Los Angeles or New York. It’s on a Web site called Turntable.fm, where big-headed cartoon characters populate the D.J. booth." - NYTimes
"Listening to music has never been this fun. Turntable is also a great discovery tool since everyone is
curating all-the-songs-in-the-world to share the very best they’ve ever heard… with you. Oh, and do you remember chat rooms? They’re back. I haven’t used one since the 90s and now I’m non-stop chatting in these Turntable chat rooms and meeting people." - Techcrunch
"Turntable surpasses its competitors by luring users into a social context that is both gratifying and validating. In a simple chat window, conversations flow naturally." - NPR
4. Weather Live
Introducing Weather Live. The most beautiful weather app. Ever.
Featured by Apple as NEW & NOTEWORTHY, WHAT'S HOT AND STAFF FAVORITES APP!
Don't let bad weather take you by surprise! Whether it is cloudy, raining, snowing or even stormy outside, Weather Live will provide you with current weather conditions and forecast in your city and multiple locations all around the world.
Cold or warm weather, it will magically come alive on the crisp screen of your iOS device. You won’t even have to look out the window as Weather Live will make you feel like you are already outside! With an innovative technology Weather Live™ implemented into the app, we made it possible!
- Weather forecasts and local time for multiple locations all around the world
- Search for a specific location by postcode, zipcode, latitude/longitude, IP, Airport Code, city/town name
- Magical animations reflecting real-time weather conditions
- Adjustable weather widgets, check the basic information or go advanced. Choose weather parameters you want to be displayed in the widget settings
- Current temperature as an icon badge right on your Home Screen
- Alert notifications when temperature passes zero
- Freeze Alert, notifies you when liquid freezing point is reached
DEEP WEATHER DETAILS:
- 7-day and 24-hour weather forecast
- "Feels Like" temperature
- Dew Point temperature
- Today’s Max and Min
- Wind direction and speed
- Wind Chill
- Humidity and precipitation information
- Visibility details
- Sunrise/Sunset and Moonrise/Moonset time
- Pressure in inches, mm or mbar
- Fahrenheit/Celsius and Miles/Kilometers
- 12 or 24-hour time format
- Day time and Night time modes
- Easy navigation between cities: swipe either to the left or to the right to switch between locations
- Main screen brightness control: swipe up or down to adjust the brightness
- All weather details
- Short-term forecast
- Long-term forecast
- Current state only
- Text only
Get Weather Live and be prepared for anything!
7. Garage band
GarageBand turns your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play pianos, organs, guitars, drums, and basses. They sound and play like their counterparts, but let you do
things you could never do on a real instrument. Enjoy a range of Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug an electric guitar into your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Gather your friends to play and record like a real band with Jam Session.* Use the built-in microphone or a guitar to record or capture any performance. Then mix up to eight tracks to create a song you can share in email or send directly to Facebook, YouTube and SoundCloud.
Play your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play dozens of musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Tap out beats with acoustic and electronic drum kits
• Recreate legendary guitar rigs with 9 amps and 10 stompbox effects
• Record your voice using the built-in microphone, and apply fun sound effects
• Use the Sampler to create an instrument from sounds you record, then play them on a keyboard
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Conduct an entire string orchestra with just one finger using Smart Strings
• Tap chords to instantly create keyboard grooves with the Smart Keyboard
• Strum chords on acoustic and electric Smart Guitars, or trigger fingerpicking patterns for popular chords
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses, using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Create and use custom chords for any Smart Instrument
• Drag drum instruments onto a grid to create your own beats with Smart Drums
Start a Jam Session with your friends
• Use your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to play or record live over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with up to three of your friends*
• Tempo, key, time signature, and chords automatically sync to the bandleader
• Jam with any Touch Instrument or live instruments like electric guitar or voice
• Tap Record at any time to capture your band’s best moments
• The bandleader automatically collects everyone's recordings so they can be mixed as a song and shared
Create a song anywhere you go
• Arrange and mix your song with up to eight tracks using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Use the Note Editor to adjust or fine-tune any Touch Instrument recording
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Use the Mixer to fine-tune each track’s volume —solo or mute any track or adjust pan, reverb, and echo
• Choose from over 250 professionally prerecorded loops as a backing band to your song
• Combine recordings to free up additional tracks using Track Merge
Share your songs
• Keep your GarageBand songs up to date across all your iOS devices with iCloud*
• Share your songs directly to Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Email songs right from GarageBand (AAC)
• Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC (AAC or AIFF uncompressed)
• Send a multitrack project to your Mac and open it in GarageBand or Logic Pro to continue refining your song
• Send GarageBand songs directly to iMovie for iOS to add a custom soundtrack for your video